Bay Area Traffic
Suspected drunk driver rolls car on Embarcadero
SAN FRANCISCO -- A suspected drunken driver was involved in a rollover crash on San Francisco's Embarcadero early this morning, a police spokesman said.
Officers responded around 5 a.m. to a report of a hit-and-run at Polk Street and Broadway, where a vehicle had hit numerous parked cars, police spokesman Sgt. Daryl Fong said.
The vehicle then struck a pole and overturned at The Embarcadero and Green Street, Fong said.
The driver, who is suspected of driving under the influence, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for injuries suffered in the crash. He is expected to survive, Fong said.
Fong said the man is in his early 30s but that police are not yet releasing his name.
The crash briefly blocked a stretch of The Embarcadero and the light-rail tracks on San Francisco Municipal Railway's F-Market & Wharves line, police said.
crash, embarcadero, muni, bay area traffic
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 17 min ago
- Another mistake found in BART union contract 20 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 38 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 14 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 17 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
43 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos