Bay Area Traffic
Suspected drunk driver rolls car on Embarcadero
SAN FRANCISCO -- A suspected drunken driver was involved in a rollover crash on San Francisco's Embarcadero early this morning, a police spokesman said.
Officers responded around 5 a.m. to a report of a hit-and-run at Polk Street and Broadway, where a vehicle had hit numerous parked cars, police spokesman Sgt. Daryl Fong said.
The vehicle then struck a pole and overturned at The Embarcadero and Green Street, Fong said.
The driver, who is suspected of driving under the influence, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for injuries suffered in the crash. He is expected to survive, Fong said.
Fong said the man is in his early 30s but that police are not yet releasing his name.
The crash briefly blocked a stretch of The Embarcadero and the light-rail tracks on San Francisco Municipal Railway's F-Market & Wharves line, police said.
crash, embarcadero, muni, bay area traffic
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1 12 min ago
- Person killed by train at Hayward BART station
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations 39 min ago
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs 1 min ago
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday