Bay Area Traffic
Suspected drunk driver rolls car on Embarcadero
SAN FRANCISCO -- A suspected drunken driver was involved in a rollover crash on San Francisco's Embarcadero early this morning, a police spokesman said.
Officers responded around 5 a.m. to a report of a hit-and-run at Polk Street and Broadway, where a vehicle had hit numerous parked cars, police spokesman Sgt. Daryl Fong said.
The vehicle then struck a pole and overturned at The Embarcadero and Green Street, Fong said.
The driver, who is suspected of driving under the influence, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for injuries suffered in the crash. He is expected to survive, Fong said.
Fong said the man is in his early 30s but that police are not yet releasing his name.
The crash briefly blocked a stretch of The Embarcadero and the light-rail tracks on San Francisco Municipal Railway's F-Market & Wharves line, police said.
crash, embarcadero, muni, bay area traffic
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 36 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 47 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire