Bay Area Traffic
Suspected drunk driver rolls car on Embarcadero
SAN FRANCISCO -- A suspected drunken driver was involved in a rollover crash on San Francisco's Embarcadero early this morning, a police spokesman said.
Officers responded around 5 a.m. to a report of a hit-and-run at Polk Street and Broadway, where a vehicle had hit numerous parked cars, police spokesman Sgt. Daryl Fong said.
The vehicle then struck a pole and overturned at The Embarcadero and Green Street, Fong said.
The driver, who is suspected of driving under the influence, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for injuries suffered in the crash. He is expected to survive, Fong said.
Fong said the man is in his early 30s but that police are not yet releasing his name.
The crash briefly blocked a stretch of The Embarcadero and the light-rail tracks on San Francisco Municipal Railway's F-Market & Wharves line, police said.
crash, embarcadero, muni, bay area traffic
- Stolen European passports on missing plane 27 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire