Bay Area Traffic
Fatal Caltrain accident in San Mateo
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- A man was struck and killed by a train near the Hayward Park station in San Mateo this morning, Caltrain officials said.
At about 7:30 a.m., the man was hit by northbound train No. 215, Caltrain spokeswoman Christine Dunn said.
The incident has caused delays of up to 45 minutes, Dunn said.
North- and southbound trains are single-tracking around the scene of the fatality.
Passengers boarding at Hayward Park and Hillsdale stations are advised to board from the southbound platforms, Dunn said.
caltrain, bay area traffic
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos