Bay Area Traffic
Fatal Caltrain accident in San Mateo
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- A man was struck and killed by a train near the Hayward Park station in San Mateo this morning, Caltrain officials said.
At about 7:30 a.m., the man was hit by northbound train No. 215, Caltrain spokeswoman Christine Dunn said.
The incident has caused delays of up to 45 minutes, Dunn said.
North- and southbound trains are single-tracking around the scene of the fatality.
Passengers boarding at Hayward Park and Hillsdale stations are advised to board from the southbound platforms, Dunn said.
caltrain, bay area traffic
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos