Bay Area Traffic
Fatal Caltrain accident in San Mateo
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- A man was struck and killed by a train near the Hayward Park station in San Mateo this morning, Caltrain officials said.
At about 7:30 a.m., the man was hit by northbound train No. 215, Caltrain spokeswoman Christine Dunn said.
The incident has caused delays of up to 45 minutes, Dunn said.
North- and southbound trains are single-tracking around the scene of the fatality.
Passengers boarding at Hayward Park and Hillsdale stations are advised to board from the southbound platforms, Dunn said.
caltrain, bay area traffic
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 56 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 36 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose 39 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
17 min ago