Bay Area Traffic
Fatal Caltrain accident in San Mateo
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- A man was struck and killed by a train near the Hayward Park station in San Mateo this morning, Caltrain officials said.
At about 7:30 a.m., the man was hit by northbound train No. 215, Caltrain spokeswoman Christine Dunn said.
The incident has caused delays of up to 45 minutes, Dunn said.
North- and southbound trains are single-tracking around the scene of the fatality.
Passengers boarding at Hayward Park and Hillsdale stations are advised to board from the southbound platforms, Dunn said.
caltrain, bay area traffic
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 36 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 14 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 6 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan