Bay Area Traffic
Fatal Caltrain accident in San Mateo
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- A man was struck and killed by a train near the Hayward Park station in San Mateo this morning, Caltrain officials said.
At about 7:30 a.m., the man was hit by northbound train No. 215, Caltrain spokeswoman Christine Dunn said.
The incident has caused delays of up to 45 minutes, Dunn said.
North- and southbound trains are single-tracking around the scene of the fatality.
Passengers boarding at Hayward Park and Hillsdale stations are advised to board from the southbound platforms, Dunn said.
caltrain, bay area traffic
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech 44 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo 8 min ago
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos