Bay Area Traffic
BART is handing out 5,000 free rides today
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Who says there's no such thing as a free ride? BART is handing out 5,000 free rides today.
It's all part of the Blue Sky Festival at Justin Herman Plaza in San Francisco. The first 5,000 people who get a special passport stamped by six exhibitors will receive a $6 BART ticket for free.
The festival runs from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. It features more than 50 eco-exhibitors and musicians and is in honor of Earth Day.
BART, justin herman plaza, bay area traffic
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos