Bay Area Traffic
Doyle Drive closure information, traffic resources
raw video: Doyle Drive demolition at 11 p.m. Friday
raw video: Doyle Drive demolition underway
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Doyle Drive approach to the Golden Gate Bridge is shut down for the weekend to all traffic and will be closed until 5 a.m. Monday, April 30. There will be no access to Highway 101 from Marina Boulevard and Richardson Avenue. The closure is the first major step in the seismic safety rebuild of Doyle Drive.
You can sign up for our breaking newsletters and text alerts. We'll let you know if the road opens early or if the reopening will be delayed.
Sign up for a breaking news email: ABC7 Newsletters
Follow us on Twitter: @abc7newsBayArea
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/abc7news
Get mobile alerts through your mobile device, iPhone app, or iPad app. More information on mobile apps at the bottom of this page: Connect with ABC7
Download the ABC7/Waze app and join the ABC7 Traffic Spotters group. Waze is a free social mobile app that can warn you about traffic jams or hazards ahead and give you turn-by-turn GPS navigation. More information: What is Waze?
ABC7 Traffic Maps and Information
ABC7 Traffic Resource Center
There are SF Giants games at AT&T Park on Sunday starting at 1:05 p.m. This may add to more traffic congestion, so leave lots of time to get to where you want to go.
The primary alternate route to get to the Golden Gate is 19th Avenue/Park Presidio. The Richmond-San Rafael Bridge is also an option to get to and from Marin, but whichever route you take, expect heavy traffic. Another option would be to leave the car at home and take the ferry across the bay.
Golden Gate Ferry will operate twice as many trips as usual between Sausalito and San Francisco from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. Friday, April 27. On Saturday, there will be 27 daily trips from Larkspur to San Francisco from 8 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. On Sunday the last trip back to Larkspur will be at 8:40 p.m.
Ama Daetz reports: Demolition crews chomp into Doyle Drive
Nick Smith reports: Drivers experience left turn confusion
Raw Video: Doyle Drive demolition at 11 p.m. Friday
Raw Video: Doyle Drive demolition underway at 8 p.m. Friday
Backups begin ahead of Doyle Drive closure
What to expect for Doyle Drive closure
Doyle Drive demolition wrecking weekend plans
Traffic headache looms between North Bay, SF
2 injured in five-car crash on Golden Gate Bridge
Doyle Drive seeing last days before demolition
Nightly lane closures begin on Doyle Drive
doyle drive, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 25 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday