Bay Area Traffic
Caltrans to contact experts on Bay Bridge safety
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Caltrans now says it's planning on contacting outside experts about the safety of the new Bay Bridge.
According to the Sacramento Bee: the agency is making the move to ease concerns over the safety of the bridge's foundation.
Over the weekend, The Bee reported the bridge's contractor failed to disclose tests showing a large section of the concrete in the foundation is poor or soft. The new Bay Bridge is set to open in 2013.
caltrans, bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado 18 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- NFL owners to announce Super Bowl 50 host city
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday