Bay Area Traffic
Caltrans to contact experts on Bay Bridge safety
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Caltrans now says it's planning on contacting outside experts about the safety of the new Bay Bridge.
According to the Sacramento Bee: the agency is making the move to ease concerns over the safety of the bridge's foundation.
Over the weekend, The Bee reported the bridge's contractor failed to disclose tests showing a large section of the concrete in the foundation is poor or soft. The new Bay Bridge is set to open in 2013.
caltrans, bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday