Bay Area Traffic
Caltrans to contact experts on Bay Bridge safety
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Caltrans now says it's planning on contacting outside experts about the safety of the new Bay Bridge.
According to the Sacramento Bee: the agency is making the move to ease concerns over the safety of the bridge's foundation.
Over the weekend, The Bee reported the bridge's contractor failed to disclose tests showing a large section of the concrete in the foundation is poor or soft. The new Bay Bridge is set to open in 2013.
caltrans, bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 40 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy 46 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos