Bay Area Traffic
Overturned big-rig cleared from Hwy 85 ramp
CUPERTINO, Calif. -- A crash involving a big rig temporarily closed the connecting ramp between southbound Interstate Highway 280 and northbound state Highway 85 on the border of Sunnyvale and Cupertino early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported 3:22 a.m. and a sig-alert was issued at 3:41 a.m. advising motorists that the ramp between the two highways was entirely blocked.
The double-trailer truck was carrying 80,000 pounds of dry cement, and spilled about 10 gallons of diesel fuel onto the ramp during the crash.
The ramp was re-opened earlier this morning.
cupertino, highway 85, bay area traffic
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire