Bay Area Traffic
Overturned big-rig cleared from Hwy 85 ramp
CUPERTINO, Calif. -- A crash involving a big rig temporarily closed the connecting ramp between southbound Interstate Highway 280 and northbound state Highway 85 on the border of Sunnyvale and Cupertino early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported 3:22 a.m. and a sig-alert was issued at 3:41 a.m. advising motorists that the ramp between the two highways was entirely blocked.
The double-trailer truck was carrying 80,000 pounds of dry cement, and spilled about 10 gallons of diesel fuel onto the ramp during the crash.
The ramp was re-opened earlier this morning.
cupertino, highway 85, bay area traffic
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan