Bay Area Traffic
Overturned big-rig cleared from Hwy 85 ramp
CUPERTINO, Calif. -- A crash involving a big rig temporarily closed the connecting ramp between southbound Interstate Highway 280 and northbound state Highway 85 on the border of Sunnyvale and Cupertino early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported 3:22 a.m. and a sig-alert was issued at 3:41 a.m. advising motorists that the ramp between the two highways was entirely blocked.
The double-trailer truck was carrying 80,000 pounds of dry cement, and spilled about 10 gallons of diesel fuel onto the ramp during the crash.
The ramp was re-opened earlier this morning.
cupertino, highway 85, bay area traffic
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'... 49 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack 37 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use 24 min ago
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos