Bay Area Traffic
BART making progress on fixing broken escalators
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- BART is making progress on fixing an unusually large number of broken escalators at its train stations.
A spokesman told ABC7 News on Sunday that only 16 escalators remain out of service. Nine of them are located at busy downtown San Francisco stations.
Last week, 29 escalators didn't work. The agency said it hope repairs on the remaining ones will be done some time this week.
BART, bay area traffic
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 12 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF policeinvestigating shooting in the Outer Mission 17 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos