Bay Area Traffic
BART making progress on fixing broken escalators
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- BART is making progress on fixing an unusually large number of broken escalators at its train stations.
A spokesman told ABC7 News on Sunday that only 16 escalators remain out of service. Nine of them are located at busy downtown San Francisco stations.
Last week, 29 escalators didn't work. The agency said it hope repairs on the remaining ones will be done some time this week.
BART, bay area traffic
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos