Bay Area Traffic
BART making progress on fixing broken escalators
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- BART is making progress on fixing an unusually large number of broken escalators at its train stations.
A spokesman told ABC7 News on Sunday that only 16 escalators remain out of service. Nine of them are located at busy downtown San Francisco stations.
Last week, 29 escalators didn't work. The agency said it hope repairs on the remaining ones will be done some time this week.
BART, bay area traffic
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
58 min ago