Bay Area Traffic
Service to start on new Muni route serving Twitter HQ
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Service on a new Muni express route serving Twitter's new mid-market headquarters will begin Monday morning.
The 83 Express line will run during commute hours on weekdays between Caltrain at Fourth and Townsend to Market between Eighth and Ninth streets.
Muni is offsetting the cost of the new route by operating it in conjunction with other lines.
Twitter received a big tax break from San Francisco to keep it from leaving the city and moving into the vacant merchandise mart building in the mid-market neighborhood.
twitter, muni, bay area traffic
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday