Bay Area Traffic
Service to start on new Muni route serving Twitter HQ
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Service on a new Muni express route serving Twitter's new mid-market headquarters will begin Monday morning.
The 83 Express line will run during commute hours on weekdays between Caltrain at Fourth and Townsend to Market between Eighth and Ninth streets.
Muni is offsetting the cost of the new route by operating it in conjunction with other lines.
Twitter received a big tax break from San Francisco to keep it from leaving the city and moving into the vacant merchandise mart building in the mid-market neighborhood.
twitter, muni, bay area traffic
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
58 min ago