Bay Area Traffic
Limited BART service expected to resume in Transbay Tube this afternoon
Limited BART service is expected to resume between the East Bay and San Francisco early this afternoon, a BART spokesman said.
The Transbay Tube remains shut down this morning because of a three-alarm fire at a construction site near the West Oakland station.
BART is working to begin single-tracking trains between San Francisco and Oakland early this afternoon, and then hopes to reopen both tracks for the evening commute, albeit with a limited number of trains passing through the Transbay Tube, spokesman Jim Allison said.
BART has asked for mutual aid from other transit agencies to provide bus service to cross the Bay, Allison said.
AC Transit buses are picking up displaced BART riders, but long lines have formed in several locations in Oakland, with some commuters waiting more than an hour and a half to board a bus.
BART, bay area traffic
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 52 min ago
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 29 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery 17 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday