Bay Area Traffic
BART expects to have full service between San Francisco and the East Bay through the Transbay Tube restored by 4 p.m.
BART is working to restore service between San Francisco and the East Bay after a three-alarm fire near the West Oakland station early Thursday morning.
1:47 p.m.: BART sent out a tweet saying full transbay service will be restored by 4 p.m.
1 p.m.: BART officials say they expect trains to be single tracking (trains running in both directions but sharing a single track) throught the Transbay Tube by 4 .m.
2:15 a.m.: A fire broke out at a construction site adjacent to the West Oakland station. The fire damaged porcelain insulators and other electrical equipment and BART was forced to halt service in the transbay Tube.
Alternate Transportation Options:
- AC Transit is providing 10 additional buses at 19th Street Station travelling to San Francisco, as well as regular Transbay bus service.
- The San Francisco Bay Ferry has enhanced service on the San Francisco/Oakland/Alameda and San Francisco-Alameda Harbor routes.
BART, oakland, bay area traffic
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 27 min ago
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle 8 min ago
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet 10 min ago
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses 34 min ago
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors 57 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Is climate to change to blame for bigger...
26 min ago