Bay Area Traffic
Alternate Transit Options between SF and East Bay
Transbay BART service was disrupted Thursday morning after a massive structure fire near the West Oakland station. Here are some alternate transit options between San Francisco and the East Bay:
At least 20 extra AC Transit buses will be deployed from the San Francisco Transbay Temporary Terminal for the evening commute. Those buses will be designated as "special" and travel directly to the MacArthur BART in Oakland where riders will disembark.
>> AC Transit website
The San Francisco Bay Ferry has enhanced service on the San Francisco/Oakland/Alameda and San Francisco-Alameda Harbor routes.
>> San Francisco Bay Ferry service information
The Vallejo Baylink Ferry has added an extra 2 p.m. Vallejo ferry departure and a 3 p.m. San Francisco ferry departure. There will be back-up buses at the San Francisco Ferry Building for the 3:30, 4:30 and 5:15 p.m. departures.
>> Vallejo Baylink Ferry website
BART, bay area traffic
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 41 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting 35 min ago
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 3 min ago
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos