Bay Area Traffic
Alternate Transit Options between SF and East Bay
Transbay BART service was disrupted Thursday morning after a massive structure fire near the West Oakland station. Here are some alternate transit options between San Francisco and the East Bay:
At least 20 extra AC Transit buses will be deployed from the San Francisco Transbay Temporary Terminal for the evening commute. Those buses will be designated as "special" and travel directly to the MacArthur BART in Oakland where riders will disembark.
>> AC Transit website
The San Francisco Bay Ferry has enhanced service on the San Francisco/Oakland/Alameda and San Francisco-Alameda Harbor routes.
>> San Francisco Bay Ferry service information
The Vallejo Baylink Ferry has added an extra 2 p.m. Vallejo ferry departure and a 3 p.m. San Francisco ferry departure. There will be back-up buses at the San Francisco Ferry Building for the 3:30, 4:30 and 5:15 p.m. departures.
>> Vallejo Baylink Ferry website
BART, bay area traffic
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions 46 min ago
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 26 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease 15 min ago
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit 36 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday