Bay Area Traffic
Big-rig catches fire on NB I-880 off-ramp
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A big-rig caught fire this morning on an Oakland freeway off-ramp, a California Highway Patrol sergeant said.
The fire was reported at 4:58 a.m. on the northbound Interstate Highway 880 Market Street off-rampt said.
The fire was reported at 4:58 a.m. on the northbound Interstate Highway 880 Market Street off-ramp, Sgt. John Carman said.
The cab of the truck burned while the attached trailer was left intact, the sergeant said. No injuries were reported.
The off-ramp was briefly closed for about seven minutes at 5:30 a.m. when the fire was reportedly extinguished, according to the CHP.
One lane remains blocked until the burnt big-rig can be towed from the ramp, Carman said.
I-880, oakland, bay area traffic
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California 1 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident 39 min ago
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos