Bay Area Traffic
Dumbarton Bridge to close Labor Day weekend
For the second time this year, the entire Dumbarton Bridge will shut down to traffic for seismic retrofit work.
About 60,000 thousand vehicles cross the Dumbarton every day. This latest closure will take place Labor Day weekend and last three days. It will allow Caltrans to replace the expansion joint on the eastern side of the bridge.
The work includes reinforcing its existing concrete slab, replacing deck joints and installing seismic bearings.
The entire bridge also closed Memorial Day weekend.
dumbarton bridge, labor day, bay area traffic
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos