Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident and spill cleared from NB I-238
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- Traffic was snarled along state Highway 238 in San Leandro hours after a crash involving two big rigs and a car that killed at least one person, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported around 5:20 a.m. on northbound Highway 238 just south of Hesperian Boulevard and near the Interstate Highway 880 connector in Hayward, according to the CHP. The collision caused the car to become trapped underneath one of the big rigs and one of the big rigs.
Alameda County Fire crews attempted to extract the driver of the car pinned underneath the big rig, but the driver was declared dead around 6:30 a.m., according to the CHP.
san leandro, bay area traffic
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 35 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 13 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 5 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan