Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident and spill cleared from NB I-238
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- Traffic was snarled along state Highway 238 in San Leandro hours after a crash involving two big rigs and a car that killed at least one person, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported around 5:20 a.m. on northbound Highway 238 just south of Hesperian Boulevard and near the Interstate Highway 880 connector in Hayward, according to the CHP. The collision caused the car to become trapped underneath one of the big rigs and one of the big rigs.
Alameda County Fire crews attempted to extract the driver of the car pinned underneath the big rig, but the driver was declared dead around 6:30 a.m., according to the CHP.
san leandro, bay area traffic
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 5 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital 50 min ago
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick 25 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday