Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident and spill cleared from NB I-238
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- Traffic was snarled along state Highway 238 in San Leandro hours after a crash involving two big rigs and a car that killed at least one person, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported around 5:20 a.m. on northbound Highway 238 just south of Hesperian Boulevard and near the Interstate Highway 880 connector in Hayward, according to the CHP. The collision caused the car to become trapped underneath one of the big rigs and one of the big rigs.
Alameda County Fire crews attempted to extract the driver of the car pinned underneath the big rig, but the driver was declared dead around 6:30 a.m., according to the CHP.
san leandro, bay area traffic
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case