Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident and spill cleared from NB I-238
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- Traffic was snarled along state Highway 238 in San Leandro hours after a crash involving two big rigs and a car that killed at least one person, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported around 5:20 a.m. on northbound Highway 238 just south of Hesperian Boulevard and near the Interstate Highway 880 connector in Hayward, according to the CHP. The collision caused the car to become trapped underneath one of the big rigs and one of the big rigs.
Alameda County Fire crews attempted to extract the driver of the car pinned underneath the big rig, but the driver was declared dead around 6:30 a.m., according to the CHP.
san leandro, bay area traffic
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Accused naked BART attacker appears in court
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday