Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash cleared from NB Hwy 101 in Novato
NOVATO, Calif. -- All lanes of northbound Interstate Highway 101 in Novato have reopened after a vehicle struck a power pole and caught fire early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol
The accident was cleared from the Interstate Highway 101, just north of Atherton Avenue at 5:54 a.m., according to the CHP.
The accident was initially reported at 3:43 a.m. and a Sig-alert was issued at 4:19 a.m., according to the CHP.
The car struck a power pole and caught fire. Novato firefighters were able to promptly extinguish the fire, according to the CHP.
PG&E arrived on scene to fix the power pole around 4:19 a.m., according to the CHP.
novato, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 49 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Elderly woman with Alzheimer's missing in Palo Alto 31 min ago
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained 7 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos