Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash cleared from NB Hwy 101 in Novato
NOVATO, Calif. -- All lanes of northbound Interstate Highway 101 in Novato have reopened after a vehicle struck a power pole and caught fire early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol
The accident was cleared from the Interstate Highway 101, just north of Atherton Avenue at 5:54 a.m., according to the CHP.
The accident was initially reported at 3:43 a.m. and a Sig-alert was issued at 4:19 a.m., according to the CHP.
The car struck a power pole and caught fire. Novato firefighters were able to promptly extinguish the fire, according to the CHP.
PG&E arrived on scene to fix the power pole around 4:19 a.m., according to the CHP.
novato, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Crews demolishing building in massive Mission Bay fire 6 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing 25 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect 1 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos