Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash cleared from NB Hwy 101 in Novato
NOVATO, Calif. -- All lanes of northbound Interstate Highway 101 in Novato have reopened after a vehicle struck a power pole and caught fire early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol
The accident was cleared from the Interstate Highway 101, just north of Atherton Avenue at 5:54 a.m., according to the CHP.
The accident was initially reported at 3:43 a.m. and a Sig-alert was issued at 4:19 a.m., according to the CHP.
The car struck a power pole and caught fire. Novato firefighters were able to promptly extinguish the fire, according to the CHP.
PG&E arrived on scene to fix the power pole around 4:19 a.m., according to the CHP.
novato, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan