Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash cleared from NB Hwy 101 in Novato
NOVATO, Calif. -- All lanes of northbound Interstate Highway 101 in Novato have reopened after a vehicle struck a power pole and caught fire early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol
The accident was cleared from the Interstate Highway 101, just north of Atherton Avenue at 5:54 a.m., according to the CHP.
The accident was initially reported at 3:43 a.m. and a Sig-alert was issued at 4:19 a.m., according to the CHP.
The car struck a power pole and caught fire. Novato firefighters were able to promptly extinguish the fire, according to the CHP.
PG&E arrived on scene to fix the power pole around 4:19 a.m., according to the CHP.
novato, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday