Bay Area Traffic
Streets closed for Transbay Transit Terminal constuction
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Getting into downtown San Francisco from the Bay Bridge is going to be a little tricky for drivers during the long Labor Day weekend.
Starting Friday at 10 a.m., Fremont Street will be closed from Howard to Mission Street. It's all part of the construction of the new Transbay Transit Terminal.
Similar work was done on First Street in May. Workers will dig out the roadway and place a steel bridge. That will allow them to excavate and build the underground terminal without more closures.
The roadway is expected to reopen in time for Tuesday morning's commute.
construction, traffic, transportation, bay area traffic
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 38 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 41 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
38 min ago
- Bay Area residents monitor SKorea ferry...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos