Bay Area Traffic
Streets closed for Transbay Transit Terminal constuction
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Getting into downtown San Francisco from the Bay Bridge is going to be a little tricky for drivers during the long Labor Day weekend.
Starting Friday at 10 a.m., Fremont Street will be closed from Howard to Mission Street. It's all part of the construction of the new Transbay Transit Terminal.
Similar work was done on First Street in May. Workers will dig out the roadway and place a steel bridge. That will allow them to excavate and build the underground terminal without more closures.
The roadway is expected to reopen in time for Tuesday morning's commute.
construction, traffic, transportation, bay area traffic
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 58 min ago
- 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California 48 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Hundreds of officers attend little girl's graduation
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos