Bay Area Traffic
Streets closed for Transbay Transit Terminal constuction
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Getting into downtown San Francisco from the Bay Bridge is going to be a little tricky for drivers during the long Labor Day weekend.
Starting Friday at 10 a.m., Fremont Street will be closed from Howard to Mission Street. It's all part of the construction of the new Transbay Transit Terminal.
Similar work was done on First Street in May. Workers will dig out the roadway and place a steel bridge. That will allow them to excavate and build the underground terminal without more closures.
The roadway is expected to reopen in time for Tuesday morning's commute.
construction, traffic, transportation, bay area traffic
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire