Bay Area Traffic
Closures to impact Bay Area traffic this weekend
There will be some major road closures in the Bay Area over the Labor Day weekend.
Getting into downtown San Francisco from the Bay Bridge is going to be a little tricky. Starting Friday at 10 a.m., Fremont Street will be closed from Howard to Mission Street. It's all part of the construction of the new Transbay Transit Terminal.
Similar work was done on First Street in May. Workers will dig out the roadway and place a steel bridge. That will allow them to excavate and build the underground terminal without more closures. The roadway is expected to reopen in time for Tuesday morning's commute.
Also, a heads up for commuters on the Dumbarton Bridge -- it will be closed for five days. The closure starts at 10 p.m. Friday. It's schedule to reopen Tuesday at 5 a.m. While the bridge is closed, crews will take the time to replace an expansion joint on the east side of the span with a state-of-the-art seismic joint, which can absorb and dissipate energy during an earthquake. The bridge was last closed over the Memorial Day weekend for seismic work.
construction, traffic, transportation, earthquake, dumbarton bridge, bay area traffic, amy hollyfield
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles 2 min ago
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Wind wreaks havoc across the Bay Area
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related 43 min ago
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday