Bay Area Traffic
Dumbarton bridge work on schedule for Tues. reopen
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans says it's on schedule to reopen the Dumbarton Bridge in time for Tuesday's morning commute.
Video provided by Caltrans shows welding work has begun as crews replace the expansion joint with a state of the art seismic joint.
The bridge was closed to all traffic on Friday night at 10 p.m. It's scheduled to reopen by 5 a.m. on Tuesday.
There are no more full closures for the Dumbarton Bridge. All of the seismic work is supposed to be wrapped up early next year.
Our exclusive Waze app can help you navigate around the Dumbarton Bridge closure or any traffic detour. You can find the app in iTunes, or Google play. Download it and become an ABC7 News traffic spotter.
fremont, dumbarton bridge, labor day, waze, bay area traffic
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday