Bay Area Traffic
Dumbarton bridge work on schedule for Tues. reopen
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans says it's on schedule to reopen the Dumbarton Bridge in time for Tuesday's morning commute.
Video provided by Caltrans shows welding work has begun as crews replace the expansion joint with a state of the art seismic joint.
The bridge was closed to all traffic on Friday night at 10 p.m. It's scheduled to reopen by 5 a.m. on Tuesday.
There are no more full closures for the Dumbarton Bridge. All of the seismic work is supposed to be wrapped up early next year.
Our exclusive Waze app can help you navigate around the Dumbarton Bridge closure or any traffic detour. You can find the app in iTunes, or Google play. Download it and become an ABC7 News traffic spotter.
fremont, dumbarton bridge, labor day, waze, bay area traffic
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 55 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 37 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos