Bay Area Traffic
Dumbarton Bridge reopens ahead of schedule
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans finished its work early and reopened the Dumbarton Bridge hours ahead of the scheduled 5 a.m. Tuesday reopening.
Crews were replacing the expansion joint with a state-of-the-art seismic joint.
The bridge was closed to all traffic on Friday night at 10 p.m.
There are no more full closures for the Dumbarton Bridge. All of the seismic work is supposed to be wrapped up early next year.
Our exclusive Waze app can help you navigate around the Dumbarton Bridge closure or any traffic detour. You can find the app in iTunes, or Google play. Download it and become an ABC7 News traffic spotter.
fremont, dumbarton bridge, labor day, waze, bay area traffic
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday