Bay Area Traffic
Dumbarton Bridge reopens ahead of schedule
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans finished its work early and reopened the Dumbarton Bridge hours ahead of the scheduled 5 a.m. Tuesday reopening.
Crews were replacing the expansion joint with a state-of-the-art seismic joint.
The bridge was closed to all traffic on Friday night at 10 p.m.
There are no more full closures for the Dumbarton Bridge. All of the seismic work is supposed to be wrapped up early next year.
Our exclusive Waze app can help you navigate around the Dumbarton Bridge closure or any traffic detour. You can find the app in iTunes, or Google play. Download it and become an ABC7 News traffic spotter.
fremont, dumbarton bridge, labor day, waze, bay area traffic
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 38 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday