Bay Area Traffic
Caltrain adding new trains starting October 1
In a few weeks, Caltrain will be adding new trains to its schedule because of an increase in ridership.
A new southbound and a northbound train will be added to the evening commute beginning October 1. In addition, four shoulder trains which run between morning and afternoon commutes will be restored. Those trains were halted three years ago because of budget problems. Caltrain hopes the additions to the schedule will lighten the crowding of trains.
caltrain, bay area traffic, amy hollyfield
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos