Bay Area Traffic
Caltrain adding new trains starting October 1
In a few weeks, Caltrain will be adding new trains to its schedule because of an increase in ridership.
A new southbound and a northbound train will be added to the evening commute beginning October 1. In addition, four shoulder trains which run between morning and afternoon commutes will be restored. Those trains were halted three years ago because of budget problems. Caltrain hopes the additions to the schedule will lighten the crowding of trains.
caltrain, bay area traffic, amy hollyfield
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle 34 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 20 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial 44 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos