Bay Area Traffic
Caltrain adding new trains starting October 1
In a few weeks, Caltrain will be adding new trains to its schedule because of an increase in ridership.
A new southbound and a northbound train will be added to the evening commute beginning October 1. In addition, four shoulder trains which run between morning and afternoon commutes will be restored. Those trains were halted three years ago because of budget problems. Caltrain hopes the additions to the schedule will lighten the crowding of trains.
caltrain, bay area traffic, amy hollyfield
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Fatal accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 16 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 57 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
48 min ago