Bay Area Traffic
Train stuck in Transbay Tube causing major delays
SAN FRANCISCO -- A train stuck in the Transbay Tube this evening is causing major delays for BART riders.
Since shortly after 6 p.m., the malfunctioning train has halted service into San Francisco and caused major delays for trains headed into the East Bay, a BART dispatcher said.
There is no estimated time for service restoration.
BART, bay area traffic
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 41 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday