Bay Area Traffic
SM Bridge work finished; no closure next weekend
SAN MATEO BRIDGE (KGO) -- The San Mateo Bridge has been reopened in time for the morning commute. It's been shut down since Friday night for retrofit work.
Caltrans managed to get two weekends' worth of work done in one weekend, so they won't have to shut it down again next weekend. Workers replaced decks on part of the span as well as a cracked beam and part of an expansion joint. The seven mile span between Hayward and Foster City carries about 92,000 vehicles each weekday.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, highway 92, construction, bay area traffic
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate 15 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos