Bay Area Traffic
SM Bridge work finished; no closure next weekend
SAN MATEO BRIDGE (KGO) -- The San Mateo Bridge has been reopened in time for the morning commute. It's been shut down since Friday night for retrofit work.
Caltrans managed to get two weekends' worth of work done in one weekend, so they won't have to shut it down again next weekend. Workers replaced decks on part of the span as well as a cracked beam and part of an expansion joint. The seven mile span between Hayward and Foster City carries about 92,000 vehicles each weekday.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, highway 92, construction, bay area traffic
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 29 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole 31 min ago
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants 10 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals 54 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife 55 min ago
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos