Bay Area Traffic
More delays for Devil's Slide bypass tunnel project
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- There are more delays in store for the Devil's Slide bypass tunnel.
The $300 million project along coastal San Mateo County was originally supposed to be finished in 2010. Caltrans then estimated a late 2012 opening, but now says it will be sometime in the first quarter of next year.
Officials say the contractor needs more time for inspections and testing electric systems.
san mateo county, caltrans, construction, transportation, bay area traffic
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 59 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton 13 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday