Bay Area Traffic
More delays for Devil's Slide bypass tunnel project
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- There are more delays in store for the Devil's Slide bypass tunnel.
The $300 million project along coastal San Mateo County was originally supposed to be finished in 2010. Caltrans then estimated a late 2012 opening, but now says it will be sometime in the first quarter of next year.
Officials say the contractor needs more time for inspections and testing electric systems.
san mateo county, caltrans, construction, transportation, bay area traffic
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal 53 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire 51 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos