Bay Area Traffic
GG Bridge officials delay electronic toll switch
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll takers on the Golden Gate Bridge will have at least an extra month on the job.
Bridge officials say the debut of electronic tolls on the Golden Gate Bridge has been pushed back to March.
The tolls, which are in addition to FasTrak, will replace the worker. But first more testing needs to be done.
Officials say using electronic tolls only could save an estimated $19 million over the next eight years.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Wind wreaks havoc across the Bay Area
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related 15 min ago
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday