Bay Area Traffic
Full service restored to San Francisco Municipal Railway subway system
SAN FRANCISCO -- Power has been restored to the San Francisco Municipal Railway subway system this morning after crews worked overnight to correct a short in the electrical system, a Muni spokesman said.
All subway trains were shut down Monday evening due to an electrical signaling problem resulting from a blown transformer. The transformer blew near the Van Ness station at about 5:45 p.m. on Monday leading to the service outage, Muni spokesman Paul Rose said.
muni, PG&E, bay area traffic
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 35 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 25 min ago
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter 19 min ago
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday