Bay Area Traffic
Caltrain strikes tractor-trailer on tracks in San Bruno
SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- Caltrain is experiencing system-wide delays Monday afternoon after a train struck a tractor-trailer on the tracks in San Bruno, a transit agency spokeswoman said.
A southbound train struck the vehicle at a track crossing at Angus Avenue at about 2:30 p.m., Caltrain spokeswoman Christine Dunn said. No injuries were reported, she said.
Emergency crews have responded and are working to clear the tracks.
As of 3:45 p.m., trains were running up to 50 minutes behind schedule and were expected to have to single-track around the collision site for another two hours, according to Caltrain.
Passengers on the disabled southbound train were transferred onto another train at the San Bruno station.
caltrain, san bruno, bay area traffic
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 51 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files lawsuit in SF over security breach 7 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos