Bay Area Traffic
BART to discuss fare and parking hike today
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- BART's board of directors is meeting Thursday over a controversial plan to raise fares and parking fees.
The transit agency is considering boosting fares by roughly 5 percent next year to deal with long-term budget problems. It would average to about 18 cents per ride or $1.80 for a week's worth of roundtrips.
The plan also calls for raising fees at some of the busiest BART parking lots by about 50 cents.
BART, transportation, bay area traffic
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos