Bay Area Traffic
BART to discuss fare and parking hike today
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- BART's board of directors is meeting Thursday over a controversial plan to raise fares and parking fees.
The transit agency is considering boosting fares by roughly 5 percent next year to deal with long-term budget problems. It would average to about 18 cents per ride or $1.80 for a week's worth of roundtrips.
The plan also calls for raising fees at some of the busiest BART parking lots by about 50 cents.
BART, transportation, bay area traffic
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 44 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 25 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 14 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
44 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos