Bay Area Traffic
BART to discuss fare and parking hike today
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- BART's board of directors is meeting Thursday over a controversial plan to raise fares and parking fees.
The transit agency is considering boosting fares by roughly 5 percent next year to deal with long-term budget problems. It would average to about 18 cents per ride or $1.80 for a week's worth of roundtrips.
The plan also calls for raising fees at some of the busiest BART parking lots by about 50 cents.
BART, transportation, bay area traffic
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review 43 min ago
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday