Bay Area Traffic
BART announces second test for bikes
BART's board of directors is launching a second round of Bikes on Board testing during heavy commute hours.
The testing is expected to begin the week of March 18.
People will be allowed to bring their bikes on all trains at all hours with one exception: no bikes will be allowed in the first three cars during commute hours.
Current BART policy bans bikes from 7:00 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
BART had a similar test last August.
BART, transportation, bay area traffic
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 23 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 45 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 37 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 56 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs 28 min ago
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary 11 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
37 min ago