Bay Area Traffic
Boulders strike vehicles, block two lanes of southbound Hwy 101 in Sausalito
MARIN COUNTY, calif. (KGO) -- The two right lanes of southbound Highway 101 at Alexander Avenue in Sausalito are blocked after large rocks fell onto the freeway from a hillside.
The large rocks made it through a chain link fence located past the Waldo Tunnel. At least five cars crashed into the rocks, including a Mercedes with extensive frontend damage and a Dodge Durango that had two front tires punctured.
CHP and Caltrans crews have the two right lanes closed to clean the debris. The two left lanes are open.
The CHP issued a Sig-alert at about 5 a.m. There is no estimated time when the freeway will fully reopen.
highway 101, golden gate bridge, sausalito, marin county, bay area traffic
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday