Bay Area Traffic
Boulders strike vehicles, block two lanes of southbound Hwy 101 in Sausalito
MARIN COUNTY, calif. (KGO) -- The two right lanes of southbound Highway 101 at Alexander Avenue in Sausalito are blocked after large rocks fell onto the freeway from a hillside.
The large rocks made it through a chain link fence located past the Waldo Tunnel. At least five cars crashed into the rocks, including a Mercedes with extensive frontend damage and a Dodge Durango that had two front tires punctured.
CHP and Caltrans crews have the two right lanes closed to clean the debris. The two left lanes are open.
The CHP issued a Sig-alert at about 5 a.m. There is no estimated time when the freeway will fully reopen.
highway 101, golden gate bridge, sausalito, marin county, bay area traffic
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
42 min ago