Bay Area Traffic
Nimitz Freeway road closures scheduled for Sunday
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Look out for road closures along the Nimitz Freeway again this Sunday. Northbound Interstate 880 between Hegenberger Road and 98th Avenue will be closed overnight from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.
Drivers will follow a detour that will get them back on the freeway at 66th Avenue.
The closure is part of construction for a shuttle bridge that will eventually link BART and the Oakland Airport.
The project is expected to be completed by the end of the year. The airport connecter will be open for service in late 2014.
oakland, I-880, BART, oakland international airport, driving, traffic, transportation, bay area traffic
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support 26 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 14 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Only On 7: Jahi McMath's mother speaks out
45 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos