Bay Area Traffic
Nimitz Freeway road closures scheduled for Sunday
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Look out for road closures along the Nimitz Freeway again this Sunday. Northbound Interstate 880 between Hegenberger Road and 98th Avenue will be closed overnight from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.
Drivers will follow a detour that will get them back on the freeway at 66th Avenue.
The closure is part of construction for a shuttle bridge that will eventually link BART and the Oakland Airport.
The project is expected to be completed by the end of the year. The airport connecter will be open for service in late 2014.
oakland, I-880, BART, oakland international airport, driving, traffic, transportation, bay area traffic
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 14 min ago
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday