Bay Area Traffic
Nimitz Freeway road closures scheduled for Sunday
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Look out for road closures along the Nimitz Freeway again this Sunday. Northbound Interstate 880 between Hegenberger Road and 98th Avenue will be closed overnight from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.
Drivers will follow a detour that will get them back on the freeway at 66th Avenue.
The closure is part of construction for a shuttle bridge that will eventually link BART and the Oakland Airport.
The project is expected to be completed by the end of the year. The airport connecter will be open for service in late 2014.
oakland, I-880, BART, oakland international airport, driving, traffic, transportation, bay area traffic
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 8 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 30 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 22 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 41 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs 13 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 53 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
22 min ago