Bay Area Traffic
Speed limit to increase on Golden Gate Bridge for all-electronic toll
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- You can soon drive a little faster than you can now through the Golden Gate Bridge toll plaza.
The bridge will eliminate human toll collectors on Wednesday when it switches to an all-electronic toll sytem.
Officials plan to increase the maximum speed from 5 to 25 miles per hour.
However, drivers will still have to slow down when they get off the bridge because the speed limit on the span itself is 45 miles per hour.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, driving, tourism, bay area traffic
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 48 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos