Bay Area Traffic
Debris flattens tires on about 20 cars on I-680
FREMONT, Calif. -- Debris scattered on the roadway flattened the tires of about 20 cars on Interstate Highway 680 in Fremont this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The debris, described as some type of metal, was reported on southbound I-680 just north of Washington Boulevard at about 6 a.m., CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
It is unclear where the debris came from, he said.
The roadway was cleared by about 7 a.m.
I-680, fremont, bay area traffic
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday