Bay Area Traffic
One person fatally injured in crash in Alamo
ALAMO, Calif. -- One person was fatally injured in a solo vehicle collision just off of Interstate Highway 680 in Contra Costa County this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A nearby resident who heard the collision on Stone Valley Road, less than a mile from I-680, reported the collision at about 2:08 a.m., according to the CHP.
The driver of the vehicle struck a power pole on Stone Valley Road, near the intersection of Roundhill Road, according to the CHP.
The driver died of his injuries at the scene, according to the CHP.
The collision temporarily shut down both directions of Stone Valley Road and PG&E responded to repair the power pole.
alamo, bay area traffic
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos