Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash blocks lanes on HW280 in Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- One person was killed this morning in a crash on Interstate Highway 280 in Daly City, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
Officers responded to reports of a crash involving as many as four vehicles on northbound Highway 280 near state Highway 1 at about 8:15 a.m., CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
One person has been confirmed killed, he said. There were no immediate reports of other injuries.
Three left lanes were blocked as emergency crews responded, he said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 8:27 a.m. and was expected to be in effect for about two hours.
daly city, crash, I-280, bay area traffic
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 12 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
12 min ago