Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash blocks lanes on HW280 in Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- One person was killed this morning in a crash on Interstate Highway 280 in Daly City, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
Officers responded to reports of a crash involving as many as four vehicles on northbound Highway 280 near state Highway 1 at about 8:15 a.m., CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
One person has been confirmed killed, he said. There were no immediate reports of other injuries.
Three left lanes were blocked as emergency crews responded, he said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 8:27 a.m. and was expected to be in effect for about two hours.
daly city, crash, I-280, bay area traffic
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 43 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 46 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos