Bay Area Traffic
Delays expected on southbound approach to Golden Gate Bridge
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Delays are expected Tuesday evening on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Officials say some asphalt came loose on the span Tuesday morning, following a paving project overnight.
The two most westerly lanes were paved Monday night as part of the the Seismic Retrofit project at the north approach. When cars began driving on them during the morning commute, the asphalt began to unravel leaving aggregate debris including pebbles on the roadway.
A portion of one southbound lane will closed until 11 p.m. Tuesday night to allow for repairs.
Anyone headed into the city is encouraged to leave earlier and expect delays.
golden gate bridge, traffic, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 22 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday