Bay Area Traffic
Portion of Market Street in SF closed for repaving
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One of San Francisco's main thoroughfares is getting a much-needed makeover.
A portion of Market Street is closed until Saturday night for a marathon repaving project.
The work will go from Van Ness Avenue to 6th Street, and will continue until all the work is done.
The shutdown will not affect Muni routes along Market Street.
Other parts of the street will be repaved later this month.
Market Street hasn't had new asphalt in three decades.
traffic, transportation, muni, driving, bikes, bay area traffic
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 53 min ago
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 10 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency 34 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos