Bay Area Traffic
Portion of Market Street in SF closed for repaving
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One of San Francisco's main thoroughfares is getting a much-needed makeover.
A portion of Market Street is closed until Saturday night for a marathon repaving project.
The work will go from Van Ness Avenue to 6th Street, and will continue until all the work is done.
The shutdown will not affect Muni routes along Market Street.
Other parts of the street will be repaved later this month.
Market Street hasn't had new asphalt in three decades.
traffic, transportation, muni, driving, bikes, bay area traffic
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive 36 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University 10 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday