Bay Area Traffic
Caltrans documents reveal quality control issues with Bay Bridge bolts
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Caltrans has just released documents showing there were quality control problems with hundreds of steel rods installed on the new span of the Bay Bridge.
<<>he documents were released Friday and the San Francisco Chronicle reports they reveal the rods and bolts were improperly treated with brake cleaner and an unapproved aerosol product.
The mishandling of the rods caused them to become brittle and dozens cracked in March.
Officials say they'll decide next month if the bridge will still open Labor Day weekend.
bay bridge, earthquake, oakland, willie brown, traffic, construction, bay area traffic
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday