Bay Area Traffic
BART contract negotiations to resume today
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- It's back to the bargaining table today for both sides in the BART contract negotiations.
BART and union negotiators met face to face for the first time Friday since a four-day strike ended on July 4. They say they've made some progress on safety issues, but are still far apart on pay and benefits.
Union leaders say workers will walk off the job August 4 unless they have an agreement. A state mediator is working with both sides.
BART, SEIU, strike, traffic, oakland, bay area traffic
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 37 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco 27 min ago
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified 24 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 8 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 42 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 14 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos