Bay Area Traffic
Accident cleared from WB bore of Caldecott Tunnel
ORINDA, Calif. (KGO) -- The middle bore of the Caldecott Tunnel has reopened after being shut down by a three-car crash earlier this morning near the tunnel's westbound entrance, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The collision was reported around 7:50 a.m. on westbound state Highway 24 in Orinda, according to the CHP.
A Sig-alert was issued at 8:08 a.m. and the middle bore was closed for about 20 minutes, according to the CHP.
The scene was cleared and the Sig-alert lifted around 8:30 a.m, but motorists are still advised to expect delays in the area.
caldecott tunnel, highway 24, orinda, lafayette, bay area traffic
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 46 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 43 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
46 min ago