Bay Area Traffic
Accident cleared from WB bore of Caldecott Tunnel
ORINDA, Calif. (KGO) -- The middle bore of the Caldecott Tunnel has reopened after being shut down by a three-car crash earlier this morning near the tunnel's westbound entrance, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The collision was reported around 7:50 a.m. on westbound state Highway 24 in Orinda, according to the CHP.
A Sig-alert was issued at 8:08 a.m. and the middle bore was closed for about 20 minutes, according to the CHP.
The scene was cleared and the Sig-alert lifted around 8:30 a.m, but motorists are still advised to expect delays in the area.
caldecott tunnel, highway 24, orinda, lafayette, bay area traffic
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF 20 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 53 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos