Bay Area Traffic

Northbound 85 reopened after injury accident

Monday, August 05, 2013
Highway 85 major-injury crash

A Siig-alert for northbound state Highway 85 in Cupertino Monday afternoon has been canceled, according to a California Highway Patrol officer.

One person involved in a two-car crash was transported to a hospital with minor injuries after the incident was reported at 3:12 p.m. just south of Stevens Creek Boulevard, CHP Officer Ralph Caggiano said.

Initially major injuries had been reported, Caggiano said.

The alert was issued at 3:30 p.m. when all northbound lanes were shut down.

Within the next hour some of the lanes started to reopen, and the alert was canceled at 4:53 p.m. /p>

(Copyright 2013 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. Is prohibited.)

Get more Bay Area Traffic »


Tags:
cupertino, crash, highway 85, bay area traffic
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement