Bay Area Traffic
Union reaches tentative deal with AC Transit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 192 reached a tentative agreement with AC Transit late Tuesday night, avoiding a potential strike for the bus system.
The union, which represents 1,800 bus operators, dispatchers, maintenance and clerical workers, reached a three-year deal with management that includes a 9.5 percent raise.
"This agreement protects workers, helps riders, and keep service running." ATU Local 192 President Yvonne Williams said.
Monday, the union had issued a notice that they would go on strike at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday unless progress was made in talks with management.
The agreement still needs to be ratified by union members in a vote later this month.
ac transit, strike, unions, transportation, oakland, emeryville, transbay terminal, bay area traffic
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday