Bay Area Traffic
Union reaches tentative deal with AC Transit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 192 reached a tentative agreement with AC Transit late Tuesday night, avoiding a potential strike for the bus system.
The union, which represents 1,800 bus operators, dispatchers, maintenance and clerical workers, reached a three-year deal with management that includes a 9.5 percent raise.
"This agreement protects workers, helps riders, and keep service running." ATU Local 192 President Yvonne Williams said.
Monday, the union had issued a notice that they would go on strike at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday unless progress was made in talks with management.
The agreement still needs to be ratified by union members in a vote later this month.
ac transit, strike, unions, transportation, oakland, emeryville, transbay terminal, bay area traffic
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF 16 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 1 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos