Bay Area Traffic
Union reaches tentative deal with AC Transit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 192 reached a tentative agreement with AC Transit late Tuesday night, avoiding a potential strike for the bus system.
The union, which represents 1,800 bus operators, dispatchers, maintenance and clerical workers, reached a three-year deal with management that includes a 9.5 percent raise.
"This agreement protects workers, helps riders, and keep service running." ATU Local 192 President Yvonne Williams said.
Monday, the union had issued a notice that they would go on strike at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday unless progress was made in talks with management.
The agreement still needs to be ratified by union members in a vote later this month.
ac transit, strike, unions, transportation, oakland, emeryville, transbay terminal, bay area traffic
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang 55 min ago
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos