Bay Area Traffic
Fremont big-rig crash sends woman to hospital
FREMONT, Calif. -- A driver was seriously injured Tuesday morning when a big-rig traveling east on Auto Mall Parkway in Fremont jumped the center median and struck a westbound vehicle, a police sergeant said.
The female driver of the car that was hit was transported to a local trauma center for treatment. The big-rig's driver suffered only minor injuries, according to police.
Fremont police received multiple 911 calls reporting a crash on westbound Auto Mall Parkway shortly after 5:15 a.m., police Sgt. Jeff Swadener said.
The westbound lanes are closed between Fremont and Grimmer boulevards, Swadener said.
Motorists traveling on southbound Interstate Highway 680 connecting to Interstate Highway 880 are advised stay on the freeway and avoid the area.
Swadener said around 7 a.m. that at least one lane of eastbound Auto Mall Parkway was also shut down.
fremont, crash, traffic, I-680, I-880, bay area traffic
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire