Bay Area Traffic
Bay Bridge closure just three days away
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The big closure is just three days away.
The Bay Bridge will close starting late in the evening on Wednesday, August 28. It will last for up to five full days over the long Labor Day holiday. The bridge, with its new eastern span, is scheduled to reopen by Tuesday, September 3.
AC Transit is offering extra bus service to some East Bay BART stations to help people catch a train to get across the bay during the closure.
BART will be operating trains around-the-clock at several stations.
The San Francisco Bay ferry is expanding its schedule.
And if you have to drive during the shutdown, download ABC7's exclusive Waze traffic app to get around the gridlock.
bay bridge, earthquake, oakland, traffic, construction, caltrans, metropolitan transportation commission, labor day, transportation, bikes, fastrak, bay area traffic
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos