Bay Area Traffic
New troll made for new Bay Bridge
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Bay Bridge will have a protector made just for the new span.
Caltrans tweeted a photo of a new troll. The troll has an ironworking hammer in its right hand and a tong in its left.
The old troll made a cameo during Monday's opening ceremonies for the new bridge. The bridge spokesman tells us it will go into the bridge museum that's being built near the toll plaza.
Officials also are not saying where the new troll is being placed.
Ironworkers put the old troll on the bridge when they replaced the section that collapsed in the 1989, Loma Prieta earthquake. They say it protected the bridge from additional natural disasters.
bay bridge, earthquake, oakland, traffic, construction, caltrans, metropolitan transportation commission, labor day, transportation, bikes, fastrak, CHP, san francisco bay, bay area traffic
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday