Bay Area Traffic
State Senate to vote on naming western span of Bay Bridge
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A plan to name the western span of the Bay Bridge after former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown could get the green light.
The state Senate could vote on the resolution renaming the span on Tuesday.
The proposal has been contentious with vocal opponents and proponents sounding off on the plan.
If the Senate approves the resolution, the span could be called the Willie L. Brown Junior Bridge.
The name only applies to the suspension bridge connecting San Francisco to Yerba Buena Island, not the new eastern span that opened last week.
bay bridge, oakland, traffic, transportation, san francisco bay, treasure island, willie brown, bay area traffic
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore 1 min ago
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo 59 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics 11 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos