Bay Area Traffic
Major injury collision on Byron Highway
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- Both directions of Byron Highway in Contra Costa County are blocked this morning due to a major injury collision, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The collision on Byron Highway, just east of Bruns Road, was reported shortly after 5:20 a.m., according to the CHP.
A Sig-alert was issued at 6:07 a.m., according to the CHP.
Three helicopters landed at the scene of the collision, but the CHP has not reported how many people were injured or how many vehicles were involved in the collision.
contra costa county, bay area traffic
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case