Bay Area Traffic
Police activity temporarily closes Hwy 101 in Novato
NOVATO, Calif. -- An apparent suicide briefly shut down U.S. Highway 101 in both directions in Novato this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Shortly before 7:20 a.m., Highway 101 was shut down after a body was found near Atherton Avenue, CHP officials said.
CHP Officer Ron Simmons said the case was an apparent suicide.
Southbound Highway 101 has since reopened in the area and northbound lanes reopened around 10 a.m..
novato, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord 12 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing 19 min ago
- Memorial to take place in SF to honor Mandela 35 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Oakland fire; Asiana crash hearing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
1 min ago