Bay Area Traffic
Police activity temporarily closes Hwy 101 in Novato
NOVATO, Calif. -- An apparent suicide briefly shut down U.S. Highway 101 in both directions in Novato this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Shortly before 7:20 a.m., Highway 101 was shut down after a body was found near Atherton Avenue, CHP officials said.
CHP Officer Ron Simmons said the case was an apparent suicide.
Southbound Highway 101 has since reopened in the area and northbound lanes reopened around 10 a.m..
novato, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 36 min ago
- 2 hospitalized after stabbing in San Francisco 9 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- New book reveals Steve Jobs nixed Apple TV idea 37 min ago
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos