Bay Area Traffic
Police activity temporarily closes Hwy 101 in Novato
NOVATO, Calif. -- An apparent suicide briefly shut down U.S. Highway 101 in both directions in Novato this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Shortly before 7:20 a.m., Highway 101 was shut down after a body was found near Atherton Avenue, CHP officials said.
CHP Officer Ron Simmons said the case was an apparent suicide.
Southbound Highway 101 has since reopened in the area and northbound lanes reopened around 10 a.m..
novato, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos