Bay Area Traffic
Police activity temporarily closes Hwy 101 in Novato
NOVATO, Calif. -- An apparent suicide briefly shut down U.S. Highway 101 in both directions in Novato this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Shortly before 7:20 a.m., Highway 101 was shut down after a body was found near Atherton Avenue, CHP officials said.
CHP Officer Ron Simmons said the case was an apparent suicide.
Southbound Highway 101 has since reopened in the area and northbound lanes reopened around 10 a.m..
novato, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Former SF supe sued; New Sebastopol mayor
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday