Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident on WB I-80 off-ramp in Richmond
RICHMOND, Calif. -- One person is dead in a crash that blocked an off-ramp from westbound Interstate Highway 80 in Richmond for several hours early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash occurred at about 1:40 a.m. at the off-ramp to Central Avenue from westbound Highway 80 after the vehicle was apparently traveling with a flat tire on the highway, CHP officials said.
The person's identity was not immediately being released this morning by the Contra Costa County coroner's office.
The Central Avenue off-ramp was closed for nearly seven hours as a result of the fatal crash and reopened at about 8:25 a.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
richmond, I-80, CHP, bay area traffic
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Google barge moved to the Port of Stockton
- Pedestrian safety plan announced in San Francisco
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space 42 min ago
- Cronut creator invents 'shots' of milk and cookies
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media...
42 min ago