Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident on WB I-80 off-ramp in Richmond
RICHMOND, Calif. -- One person is dead in a crash that blocked an off-ramp from westbound Interstate Highway 80 in Richmond for several hours early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash occurred at about 1:40 a.m. at the off-ramp to Central Avenue from westbound Highway 80 after the vehicle was apparently traveling with a flat tire on the highway, CHP officials said.
The person's identity was not immediately being released this morning by the Contra Costa County coroner's office.
The Central Avenue off-ramp was closed for nearly seven hours as a result of the fatal crash and reopened at about 8:25 a.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
richmond, I-80, CHP, bay area traffic
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos