Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident on WB I-80 off-ramp in Richmond
RICHMOND, Calif. -- One person is dead in a crash that blocked an off-ramp from westbound Interstate Highway 80 in Richmond for several hours early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash occurred at about 1:40 a.m. at the off-ramp to Central Avenue from westbound Highway 80 after the vehicle was apparently traveling with a flat tire on the highway, CHP officials said.
The person's identity was not immediately being released this morning by the Contra Costa County coroner's office.
The Central Avenue off-ramp was closed for nearly seven hours as a result of the fatal crash and reopened at about 8:25 a.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
richmond, I-80, CHP, bay area traffic
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 19 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 34 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 21 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 30 min ago
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 2 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 36 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 41 min ago